Kinsloe House, home of the Woman’s Club House of Navarro County, has a long history of serving women of Navarro County since its first inception in 1938, serving as a non-profit organization (501C) since 1990. At its beginning, Kinsloe House was the culmination of a dream of many Corsicana women. The Kinsloe House opened its doors on May 10, 1938. The first luncheon held at Kinsloe House was sponsored by the Psychology Club, May 18, 1938 with an attendance of 152. Miss Mabel Bonner reviewed Dale Carnegie’s How to Make Friends and Influence People. The price of the luncheon was 50 cents.
The original house was a gift from Mrs. Edward W. Kelley (Allie Mac Autry Kelley) in memory of her grandmother, Mrs. H. E. Kinsloe (Katie Kinsloe).
The House was incorporated on July 26, 1938. Since that time, individual members and clubs have been able to utilize the House for luncheons, club meetings, memorials, receptions, and reunions. The current facility was built in 1990 after the original house burned in 1988. A massive fundraising effort ensured which resulted in the existing Kinsloe House building. This new facility when opened on September 15, 1990, was debt free.
Our mission is to provide “the greatest good for the largest number”. Our Constitution states that Kinsloe House is to “advance and encourage Navarro County women in culture and education; to promote and encourage cooperation among Navarro County clubs”.
Kinsloe House is organized into 22 committees which are responsible for the operation of the House. We have on staff one part-time House Manager. The food is prepared by a contracted person. Weekly luncheons are held on Wednesdays, each sponsored by a different committee or club. A “Games Day” is held the last Wednesday of every month. Kinsloe House has continued to offer programs that are designed to serve the public.
At the present time, there are organizations that use Kinsloe House on a monthly basis in addition to a large membership. Current clubs in membership are Alpha Rho Chapter, Delta Kappa Gamma International Society; the American Business Women’s Association; Colonial Dames XVII Century, Thomas Meredith Chapter; Daughters of the American Revolution; The Literary Club; Newcomers Club; Nineteenth Century; Sixth District Dental Society Auxiliary; and Thalian Club.
Our members are united with a purpose to preserve Kinsloe House and its heritage, and Kinsloe House plays an important role in our community. In addition to our scholarship program with Navarro College, we have made contributions to:
Boys & Girls Club of Navarro County
Child and Family Program at Westminster Presbyterian Church
Christmas In Action
Corsicana Arts District
Corsicana High School Drama Department
Corsicana Preservation Foundation
Fannin Elementary Choir
First Baptist Church
First United Methodist Church – Stained Glass Restoration
Friends of the Corsicana Public Library
Honor Flight DFW
House of Refuge
Humane Society of Navarro County
IOOF Event Center
Kerens Veterans Memorial
Love without Borders
Makenzie Evett Wheelchair Fund
Meals on Wheels
Mildred High School
Mildred High School National Honor Society
Mildred High School Theater Department
Navarro College Collegiate Singers *
Navarro College Foundation Scholarships for Spring & Fall Semesters *
Navarro College Jazz Band*
Navarro Council of the Arts
Navarro County Food Pantry *
Navarro College Music Department
100 W Corsicana
Patriot Paws – Paws for Veterans
Presbyterian Bridge - Dallas
Rose Hill Cemetery
Samaritan’s Purse Operation Child
State Orphans’ Home Alumni Association
Texas Peace Officer Flag Fund
Texas Veterans Parade
Warehouse Living Arts Center Theatre and Gallery*
Kinsloe House awards a scholarship to a woman attending Navarro College for both the fall and spring semesters.
We hope to provide more opportunities for usage by the community in areas of need. Currently we offer an affordable meeting place with excellent meals provided in-house. The programming we offer promotes cultural awareness and appreciation.
- Organized November 19, 1937
- Incorporated July 26, 1938
- Opened May 10, 1938
- New Club House September 15, 1990